Graduate Student Services hosts a mandatory orientation experience that introduces you to the format of your courses at HU. The first part is asynchronous course modules that you complete on your own time (just like your assignments in class). Our Executive Format (14 week semester) students will also have a synchronous Live Virtual Welcome Event (just like how you will "attend" your courses). Both are very important, informative, and helpful to be successfully enrolled at HU!
It's important to note that there is no in-person Graduate Student Orientation where you physically have to report to campus.
Instead, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Complete the Online Orientation in Canvas, our Learning Management Software.
As you progress through the Online Orientation course, you will:
- Learn how to connect with each department at HU if you have questions
- Meet the team of dedicated staff who are here to assist you
- Learn about HU's academic policies and where to find them
- Review and understand our FERPA and Title IX policies
- Cover important information for international students
- Become familiar with resources to help you be successful
- Review "Next Steps" and tasks to complete to ensure a smooth start of the semester
The Online Orientation course takes about 1-2 hours, but it's self-paced so you can start and stop as it best fits your schedule!
STEP 2: If you are an Executive Format student (14 week semester) at the Harrisburg campus, you will also attend a Live Virtual Welcome Event the week your classes begin. We offer it at several days/times, so pick that one that best fits your schedule.
The Live Virtual Welcome Event lasts approximately 1 hour. During that time, you will:
Submit any last minute question you may may and have them answered by our knowledgeable staff
Instructions on how to register are in your Online Orientation Course and in your Welcome Email from Graduate Student Services.
Still confused? Check out our FAQs:
Still have questions? Graduate Student Services is here to help make your transition to HU as smooth as possible. Send us a ticket - if we don't know the answer, we know who will!